fredag 6 maj 2011

A producer with a touch of programmer heart

I have finally got three or more companies who are willing to give us some discount on the badges. Finally!

Something struck me today. As I talked to one of the graphic people about the art to our t-shirts i realized that we had a very different view about colors. This is how our arrgument went:

Me: I need text and color to the print on our t-shirts. The text can only be in one color. Can you fix it today?
He: Of course, which colors?
Me: same as on the banner/banderoles we have, yellow for brotherhood and white for freedom
He: What kind of yellow?
Me: ....what do you mean? yellow as in yellow, the same yellow as in the banderole text?
He: I need a color scheme from the company. Can I take a look at their website?
Me: sure, but they don’t have it. *sending the website*
He: ... Okey, they don’t have a color scheme. So what do we do?
Me: just do the text with color and I will talk with the company about it afterward, they told me that they could make it similar as long as they had the text and color.
He: okey. what color?
me: Yeeellooow! and white.
He: but i don’t know which yellow?
Me: As I said, the same as in the banderoles.
He: what if they don’t have that kind of yellow?
Me: Well, in that case.. let me handle it .
He: okey

A programmer and an artist talk about color.
I realize that my sentence above should have been different, with "color tone/shade" and stuff in it.. Not a color that is carved in stone.

To be continued

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar